homestead - [Homestead] Gmail, was Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Gmail, was Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 14:07:37 -0800

gmail sucks! My ISP is "partnering" with Google now and we are stuck with our e-mail now saying "softcom.net" but actually being "gmail.com."

I no longer know if my e-mails get where I send them because gmail automatically screens and deletes my e-mails as being duplicates. There is no way to stop them from doing this. Most irritating! It is also slower and although I don't get duplicates in a single dump, I've been getting the same e-mails over and over when I log back on. Plus I'm suddenly getting e-mails that were sent a month ago.

Yuck! Gmail sucks <g>

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Oliphant" <steveo AT crecon.com>

Two great tools one could use for that kind of thing:

http://fakenamegenerator.com - great for creating pen names and
fictional characters (as in writing fiction)

http://www.gmail.com - great for all around email management.
Including multiple names (just have to remember lots of logins, or
link them together.)