homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 09:25:14 -0500

Could it be Lynn, that on this subject, I am MORE liberal than
you??<vbg> My concerns fall more in line with the ACLU-which is a RARE
thing for me to agree with them...lol

I decided long ago that anything I tell anyone, doctors, bankers, even spouse (he was the worst for repeating things I'd said in confidence), could turn up as front page news. That's why I don't trust anyone, and don't tell anyone anything that I don't want generally known.. Maybe I'm just more paranoid than you :-)

Still, data mining went on long before there was an internet to make it easier. Public records have always been public. I can go down to the courthouse and find criminal records, who owns what property, etc. That's just the way it is (and when I dated that sex offender, I was glad for it...he would not have told me).

Lynn Wigglesworth