homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bev - SP in GA

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bev - SP in GA
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 17:02:35 -0500

Not exactly true Bob..
Right after the election, the Dems pretty much told Martin he was on his
own...after all the incoming PE Bill Clinton was embarrassed when he
supported Wyche Fowler's race and then Fowler lost. Obama did not want
to make the same mistake.
In contrast, every big whig Republican came out for Saxby; it's been a
virtual parade of celebrities including Mitt and Huckabee and John
McCain. Palin is simply the latest Republican to visit.
In the meantime, some Dems were just salivating over the hope of the
super majority, so the has been Democrats (no one really associated with
Obama) have been visiting. I do believe, however, that Obama made a
radio commercial...how nice of him, huh..oh, and something like 100 aides.

Saxby will win, and I don't even think it will be close. Those can
voted Democratic and made it a close Presidential race aren't interested
in these two candidates.
http://www.mydd.com/story/2008/12/1/123823/989
Without Barack Obama's star power, polls are showing that Martin is struggling to turn out his crucial African-American base, although campaign events with Rep. John Lewis and Ludacris today seem designed
to help do just that.

Oh, and I live in NW Georgia, up near Chattanooga, not NE..
Either way, north Georgia is never important enough to warrant a stop by
a politico...especially Palin...we have far too many poultry farms...she
doesn't want a rerun of last week's promo<vbg>

Drew, OTOH, lives down in the for real battleground part of the
state..his opinion on all of this may be different, but I doubt it..lol

Bev

bob ford wrote:
This link to an article about the GA Senate race says that the dems have called in Clinton & Gore & rap stars, and the repubs are just counting on SP. So far, it looks like its working. 'doesn't say if she'll be in NE GA

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081201/ap_on_el_se/georgia_senate

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda