homestead - Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 21:00:02 -0800

I despise testing. It only proves one thing and one thing only, that you can take tests. Some folks can and some folks can't. I ace tests. Doesn't mean I know a blooming thing about the subject, just means I do well on tests. Based on tests alone, I would have been an honor student in the RN nursing program. The only problem was I wasn't in the program. I typed up all the tests for the director of the program and then took the tests so they'd have a sample to run through the scantron to be sure it was scoring tests correctly.

There is no hope for the educational system as long as the current system is left standing! When all decisions are made based on a premise that they know is flawed, there will never be a well-rounded, well-education populace!

No decision should ever be made solely based on tests. I'd really like to know whatever happened to guidance counselors who actually sat down with students and worked out plans *with* the student!

That already happens. When my daughter was in the 6th grade they wanted
to put on a non-college track based on a borderline standardized test in
math. I had several meetings with administrators and finally convinced
that that she should be in a more advanced class and on a college track.
I feel for those kids that never had a parent go to bat for
them...they may have missed all kinds of opportunities, just because
they had a bad test day.

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda
http://www.myspace.com/tervetuloa13