homestead - Re: [Homestead] An Inconvenient Truth

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An Inconvenient Truth
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:01:30 -0500

And now for the sci-fi..
we are changing the planet, we are changing ourselves...just as we look
back and see no resemblance to our hominid ancestors, in a few thousand
years, "we" will look back and not recognize 'ourselves'.

I wonder about 'diseases' such as asthma and even autism...is something
happening to our bodies that will prove to give an adaptive advantage?
Remember in _The Andromeda Strain_, the survivors were the colicky baby
and the alcoholic man, both of whom were in a state of acidosis?

rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:
My apologies as well. I didn't mean to imply that humans won't survive. I believe we will, but probably not in the same way that we have.

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda