homestead - Re: [Homestead] Reinventing Collapse by Dmitry Orlov

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Reinventing Collapse by Dmitry Orlov
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:07:06 -0800 (PST)

Gene , I have of late been reading some of the harder core sites where people
are into 'survivalism" (Me, personally, I don't want to live that way, if it
can be avoided). One thing of which people are usually reminded is to spend
their resources to buy food, tools, seeds, etc; just as you suggested; before
they start spending money on 'extra' firearms, ammunitions, magazines, etc,
that would be used as barter goods.

I am not a gold bug, but gold bugs (and many mainstream economists) view
gold as a currency, in its own right, not just a means of barter. So, once
again, buy necessities , first ......bobford

I personally