homestead - Re: [Homestead] Reinventing Collapse by Dmitry Orlov

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Reinventing Collapse by Dmitry Orlov
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 09:49:45 -0800 (PST)

One point: I have recently started reading 2-3 of those sites. While they
don't share the "take from others" Mad max philosophy, occasionally someone
chimes in with that attitude and is shot down by the majorty,.

Second point: Bev, the reality is that there is much of that mentality
already in the hardest parts of our society. Tough inner city neighborhoods,
housing projects, etc. while there are plenty of good, decent , civilized
people living in those settings, the barbarians are usually in control.
There is a very thin venner of civility in our species. Anyrthing is
possible...........bobford