homestead - Re: [Homestead] Reinventing Collapse by Dmitry Orlov

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Reinventing Collapse by Dmitry Orlov
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:20:43 -0500

> And, even if a person withdrew actually physical cash, where would the
> person put it, and if the digital currency suffered great inflation, would
> thast not devalue the physical 'cash'. Maybe something else you read in
> the book could answer......

The thing I got out of that was a better place for your money is in communal
goods. In a later section he talks of career possibilities and mentions a
carpenter who puts money into hand tools. He also mentions a substitute for
money is to help people as an outright gift and accept gifts in return. His
vision of the future is very drab and not at all encouraging but his
suggestions could help in a non collapse situation where one has limited
resources.

In the beginning I did not think I would even finish the book but it soon
became page after page of thought provoking material. I will post a couple
more quotes later.

Don Bowen KI6DIU