homestead - Re: [Homestead] Al Franken

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Al Franken
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 14:02:39 -0600

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 1:51 PM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> It won't matter the present vote count. This is going to end up being
> decided by the Dem controlled U.S. Senate. Franken hasn't won the vote,
> but he will be Minnesota's Senator. This is the most embarrassing , for a
> state, of any elected official that I can remember. That might as well
> have elcted Wilbur the pig from Green Acres .....bobford

I don't know why you think it will be decided by the Senate. The vote
is very close, which triggered an automatic recount. That recount
won't be finished until the middle of December.

I'm also not sure why you think Franken would be embarrassing. After
all, they elected Jesse Ventura, and Franken is an educated guy who's
been engaged on the issues for years. I always enjoyed his program on
Air America because he had substantial guests for interviews and
didn't just rant and rave. So far as I know, Wilbur didn't go to
college.

Marie