homestead - Re: [Homestead] Al Franken

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Al Franken
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 15:15:02 -0500

I know I used to love to watch Franken, both on SNL and on Bill Maher's
show, where he and Arianan Huffington were frequent guests. I loved
that show.
Whenever I think of Franken now, I can't get the image of his as the on
the spot Iraq reporter with the satellite dish on his head...that, and
Stuart Smiley...I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it,
people like me...of course, it feels kind of strange writing that at
this moment, but whatever. He really is a smart guy, but I think most of
the best comedians, Letterman, Williams, Winters, Carlin, etc. are
really geniuses in disguise.

Bev

Marie McHarry wrote:

I'm also not sure why you think Franken would be embarrassing. After
all, they elected Jesse Ventura, and Franken is an educated guy
who's been engaged on the issues for years. I always enjoyed his
program on Air America because he had substantial guests for
interviews and didn't just rant and rave. So far as I know, Wilbur
didn't go to college.

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda