homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water Crisis Coming Soon

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: vdjor AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water Crisis Coming Soon
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 07:59:09 -0800 (PST)

van Dell, you know the problems in places like phx, as well as anyone could.
One of the biggest problems with grass and lawn, is that they only allow two
options. Grass or desert landscaping (tons and tons of little heat-sinking
rocks) .

My houses faces west, the worst possible direction in phx. If I had dsert
landscaping the rocks would absorb the western sun all afternoon , making my
house/property hotter during the already hot days, and then throw part of it
toward the house in the evening , making it even harder to cool the
house.....bobford