homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water Crisis Coming Soon

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water Crisis Coming Soon
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 06:52:14 -0800 (PST)

Lynn, there is more than a touch or irony in my life :-) . But, when I came
to Phoenx, it was a good place. It was before the seas of large expenive
red-tiled-roofed, poorly built tract houses.

There was plenty of water, for the people when I moved here. Phoenix is a
valley which has been inhabited by humans for thousands of years. Indians
built canals to bring water from the snows up north and from the colorado
long before Our ancestors converted to Christianity.

The problem is, there are too many of us here now. And maybe one of the
'reasons' I pay so much attention to water is because of where I live.
....bobford