homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water Crisis Coming Soon

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water Crisis Coming Soon
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 08:34:22 -0800 (PST)

I don't care on way or the other about golf courses, I think it is a boring
gane. I have done business deals at the associated clubs, but I would just
as soon have been at Durants, or a coffee shop for that matter.

But, they have little to do with water shortage in AZ. If I am not mistaken,
'all' golf courses in phoenix, (and I think we have more than any other one
city in US) are supplied with recycled greywater.

The grass is not watered with otherwise potable water. I bellieve that
came to be a number of years ago. I wouldn't know where to begin to look for
the data, but I remember reading and hearing the news.

In AZ, agriculture still uses about 75% of all clean water .....bobford