homestead - Re: [Homestead] Water Crisis Coming Soon

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Water Crisis Coming Soon
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 07:33:39 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sat, 11/8/08, Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> > The problem is, there are too many of us here now.
> >And maybe one of the
> > 'reasons' I pay so much attention >to water
> is because of where I live.
> > ....bobford
>
> But would be like me living in the frozen north, bemoaning
> the fact that I
> can't grow bananas. If you want abundant water, you
> have to go where water
> is abundant.
>
> Lynn Wigglesworth

I agree Lynn,
Problem is so many people want to live there and the developers and
politicians do very little to discourage them.
One thing I had to do all my career (landscape architect / Urban planner) was
to try to convince people not to plant grass. Not enough political will to
make it illegal, even though the city is legally obligated to provide all the
water people want to use.
I chose to move away from the desert though that was a secondary reason for
my move.

The other option is just to live with the amount of water available which
makes it even more important to be aware of the water issues.
Van Dell