homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 07:44:10 -0800 (PST)

The most telling thing in your post is that you are referencing the " U of
Alabama" not Berkeley or the University of Wisconsin. It is just another
indication of pervasive group-think. Academic freedom will have to be fought
for by the students and the parents who pay the bills.

Tenure is one of those things that could dissappear with this financial
crisis. Faculty, then, might actually have to prove their ideas to keep
their jobs ...bobford