homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 11:18:15 -0500

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Bev, I'm a little dizzy reading the long post. But I find myself
nodding in agreement to most a of it. I've been on this list 13 or
14 years, something there abouts, and there has always been a steady
tatoo of liberal snipes. The thing I found annoying was the
underlying assumption that anyone honest or intelligent would, of
course, agree with this.

Thank you for validating that.

The woman answered
with an emotional voice but without hestitation, "It means I don't
have to worry any more how I'm going to put gas in the car or pay the
mortgage!"

People really believe that. The campaign ads have said that all the
current economic problems are because of Bush's policies and heavily
intimated that if you just get rid of Bush (who was going out
anyway), then all your economic problems are over.

Exactly, but it is not just people. I haven't seen or heard of a white
person who believes that. What does that mean?

It tempted me to go to a gas station owned by an ardent Obama
supporter, fill up, then begin to drive away. Pay for the gas??
Why, Obama is president, we don't have to pay for gas any more.
Hadn't you heard??

That's good. I like that!

The mindless "change the way we are changing the changes", "young
people are so excited", "vote out the incumbent [and vote in a warmed
over failed philosphy from the 60's" people are in for a rude reality
check.

I am terrified of the coming reality check. Those of you who live in
areas where there are no believers, which in this case means no blacks,
don't see this and therefore probably won't suffer from the backlash.
But it is coming. It has to.

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda