homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger/Blacks not working

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger/Blacks not working
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 08:40:57 -0800

Are we the only house that had national news on after the results where people were weeping in the streets and calling him the "savior" and the "messiah"? People dancing and crying and saying things like "now I'll get that [don't remember what job it was but it took a college education AND experience] job." When asked if he was qualified, the answer was no but " The brother's gonna get us the good jobs." HELLO! college education and experience come first, not the same color president.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>

Bev; let us know if you find out that it's a phenominon local to you, or if
it's happening in other places. I don't doubt that it's what you are seeing
and hearing, but it seems odd that any adult person would believe that the
president (any president) is going to 'save' them.