homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 12:03:52 EST

> I watched that video of the woman who
> > "didn't have to worry about putting gas in her car or paying her
> > mortgage". What I saw was someone who had hope

There is a difference between 'hope' and 'expectation'. This woman was
clearly expressing expectation.

And it's not only among blacks and hispanics. A lily-white friend of mine,
formerly well off, was ground to a powder in the housing bubble. He bought
up
land at its peak under the ill considered notion that it couldn't go down
"ain't makin' any more land!" He owes on it but can't give it away. He
really,
actually expects (not hopes) that an Obama administration is going to pay his
speculative indebtedness.