homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger/Blacks not working

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger/Blacks not working
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 15:09:13 -0500

Well, it apparently is just a local thing since you, SJC, Drew, and Bob
all report normality elsewhere, either that or people were just taking
two days off instead of one, or had partied too much...I guess, I don't
know. I haven't talked to Ron today, but I am very anxious to find out
why Rocky was out yesterday. I'll let you know.
Regardless of why people are/were out of work, the notion<g> that Obama
is literally the Messiah is real. It is more than odd, Lynn, it is
surreal, but I tell you that some people really believe this.

Bev

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
Bev; let us know if you find out that it's a phenominon local to you,
or if it's happening in other places. I don't doubt that it's what
you are seeing and hearing, but it seems odd that any adult person
would believe that the president (any president) is going to 'save'
them.

Lynn Wigglesworth

----- Original Message ----- From: "EarthNSky"
<erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org> Sent:
Thursday, November 06, 2008 12:31 PM Subject: Re: [Homestead] The
longest post yet-Anger/Blacks not working

Anything is possible, Susan. I don't know what to think anymore.
Just when I think I have this world figured out, something happens
and I am rocked to my core. I'm starting to feel like I don't belong
on this planet, let alone on this list. Life is crazy right now.

Bev

SJC wrote:
Bev, is there any chance your area has someone 'preaching the new
truth' or some such thing?

There are few blacks here (about a dozen in our county) but I
talked to my brother this morning. He lives in FL, in a rural-ish
area just northeast of Tampa/StPete. At his workplace there are 87
black guys and 4 white guys in his unit. I asked him if anybody
was "out celebrating Obama's victory" and he said no, one guy
(white, it turns out) was out sick yesterday but everybody else was
there, that everybody came in the morning.

We haven't heard anything up this way. I don't have TV here so
can't just turn it on and look, but haven't heard anything on
radio. Mostly I have on BBC or NPR for news, sometimes a Polish
station out of Philly.

So there are some folks still thinking they need to hold down a
job.

homestead list member options: http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/homestead/erthnsky%40bellsouth.net
View the archives at: https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/homestead

- Release Date: 11/5/2008 5:36 PM