homestead - [Homestead] Vote the incumbent out

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Vote the incumbent out
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 08:45:28 -0700

On Nov 5, 2008, at 7:42 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

And oh, by the bye, those of you of Gene's "always vote the incumbent out"
bent, let's get a commitment now. In 2012 Obama will be the incumbent. Does
that mean you will in no wise vote for him in 2012??

Perhaps you have missed my occasional addition of extraordinary service.

I am collecting various thoughts for a possible tiny guide book for young people. My notes on this subject are:

[If you are fed up with government, always vote against the incumbent, unless they have proved themselves to be highly effective and selfless servants of the people they represent. (How balance between constituent loyalty and American loyalty?)]

I have long struggled with that last part. Even if ascribing the very highest moral and ethical condition, it is a judgement call.