homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger/Blacks not working

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger/Blacks not working
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 12:15:17 -0500

Bev, is there any chance your area has someone 'preaching the new truth' or some such thing?

There are few blacks here (about a dozen in our county) but I talked to my brother this morning. He lives in FL, in a rural-ish area just northeast of Tampa/StPete. At his workplace there are 87 black guys and 4 white guys in his unit. I asked him if anybody was "out celebrating Obama's victory" and he said no, one guy (white, it turns out) was out sick yesterday but everybody else was there, that everybody came in the morning.

We haven't heard anything up this way. I don't have TV here so can't just turn it on and look, but haven't heard anything on radio. Mostly I have on BBC or NPR for news, sometimes a Polish station out of Philly.

So there are some folks still thinking they need to hold down a job.

SusanJane, in Maine