homestead - Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up , fake or not

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Electricity prices going up , fake or not
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 09:50:57 -0800

Nope. Hasn't been done here in a decade or two. All the meters are "read" by computers in the next city. I'd rather have it that way because what they used to do is read them every two or three months and then you got a BIG bill. Places are too far out and too far apart to make it economical to send out meter readers.

Automatic readers??
I thought walking to the meter was just the way it is done.