homestead - Re: [Homestead] voter fraud

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] voter fraud
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:01:33 -0500

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:13 AM, <rayzentz AT aim.com> wrote:
> So what happens when someone comes to the "place of voting" claiming to be
> Mickey Mouse, or BiG T, or Lkjh Kjhg.?? There are no requirements for ID.??
> There are no grounds for dis-allowing the vote of which I am aware.?? Now,
> these are obvious stupid names,?? However, there may be many that are not
> so patently false.

States govern election law, so requirements vary, but many require
that first-time voters show some kind of ID, and a few now require
that everyone show a government-issued photo ID such as a driver's
license or passport every time they vote, even if they've been voting
in the same place for 50 years. Voter fraud has been extremely rare
(even when Bush's US attorneys made it a high priority, leading to the
firing of several because they didn't pursue it right before an
election, which is against Department of Justice guidelines).

Marie