homestead - Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:38:11 -0700

On Oct 28, 2008, at 10:27 AM, DSanner106 AT aol.com wrote:

Sadaam did have [weapons of mass destruction]. My cousin flew planes filming the convoys of trucks
rolling from the warehouses we
later found empty, to Syria. We have satellite intel on this as well. We
knew what was in them, but were not allowed to stop them.

I have read similar allegations. It difies my understanding that, if in fact the WMDs existed, that we, the American people, and Congress were not shown the proof after the fact.

Most of the civilized
world agreed with the assessment at the time that they were there, not just
Bush, Cheney, congress, senate et al.

I don't believe that was the case. If it had been the case, then the world might have joined us in the endeavor.

It seems to me that if Sadaam had possessed WMDs, that his neighbors such as Iran would have been alarmed and would have joined us to neutralize him.

We know he was supplying cash to Bin
Laden and his minions and was stockpiling WMD.

We are either living in separate worlds or never reading the same material. He and Bin Laden were not friends.

Still sounds like a pretty scary
scenario to me, but on the heels of 9/11 even more so.

Yeah, scary indeed. And that fear was manipulated to get support for the invasion of a sovereign country.

We, too, have WMD. Many other countries have WMD. Shall we invade them one by one?