homestead - Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:25:59 -0700 (PDT)

I disagree with 'nothing' you just wrote. And, if "taxes" weren't
automatically deducted from checks , and regular working people had to sit
down 4 times, or better yet, one time a year, and write a check for the
entire amount to the fed gov't, they would realize how much of "their" money
the gov't is already taking (at least the payroll portion).

and; then, if maybe just 25%, or just a third, decieded "we are not going to
write a check this year, you wasted the d*mn money we sent you last year";
something "would" change.

Telling them not to spend anymore, while agreeing to keep giving them money,
is like asking a drunk to stop drinking while giving him a bath-tub full of
whiskey ...bobf