homestead - Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:52:21 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:
On Oct 28, 2008, at 12:22 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

Gene GeRue wrote:

As you have found a source, please give us the numbers of troops sent
compared to the number of Americans sent.
It is irrelevant.
You said we stood alone, I said we did not. I gave our partners. Their
contributions, whether in troops, training, money, or support in other
ways(such as housing refugees) will vary and are irrelevant to the argument.

Tell that to the families of the American men and women who have been killed or maimed and tell that to the American taxpayers' grandchildren who will pay the bill.

You've lost me...
What started off as a simple rebuttal of a simple sentence has now been convoluted into something else.

Iran is/was anything but depleted. The Iran/Iraq war had been over for
many years.

"Despite several calls for a ceasefire by the United Nations Security Council, hostilities continued until 20 August1988. The last prisoners of war were exchanged in 2003.[8][9]

Let's see..I said many years...2003-1988 is 15 years. Not depleted.
The rest of the Wikipedia article quoted centered mostly on Iraqi woes, not Iran, because we have had little insight into the real Iran. The fact that they almost have a nuclear weapon now is a testament to the fact that they were not economically or industrially depleted in 2003. It takes a lot more than 5 years to develop nukes.

All in all Gene, it is stupid to argue about this...this is nit-picking about something that is water over the damn. It has already stretched far beyond the original statement.
--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda