homestead - Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:18:11 EDT

That would probably be a better focus, asking if you like paying taxes is
like asking if you like
getting a root canal, or would you like a poke in the eye with a sharp
stick. The answer is obvious
and nearly universal. It is a politicians trick to make you think they are
like you, by stating support
for the obvious.

Personally, I think we either really fight drugs, or legalize them and take
away the criminal elements profit
motive. If we do that, we need to require more personal responsibility. If
one commits a crime, the punishment is increased for having a gun, whether it

was used or not. If one commits a traffic violation, it is dramatically more
severe if drunk. If one commits a crime on drugs, rather than be a mitigating

circumstance it should also increase the punishment. That would encourage
personal responsibility for ones actions and help limit some of the negatives

against legalizing drugs.
The military will be cut again as soon as the war is over, but can never be
eliminated. As far as picking
one to fund more than the others, that should happen every year, it should
be need based. We cannot just
shut down the Navy, but they don't need the same amount each year.
The federal govt. should NEVER build hometown museums, and should build
bridges on highway systems that benefit all people, but not local bridges. I
could support a federal loan program to states and localities that need such
things, but that is it.

Drew

In a message dated 10/28/2008 11:39:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,