homestead - Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:17:46 -0800

Simple to exclude. Use the scan bar on the back of drivers licenses/state IDs. Show the card with the picture (so no one else can use it) and then scan before paying. Taxes removed or % thereof for the very lowest income.

Basic consumables such a flour, sugar, cornmeal, spices, veggies, TP, laundry soap, dish soap, shampoo would scan no tax. Junk food would be taxed across the board. Item that you could make at home (cake mixes, etc.) would be minor taxed. All the ease of use (o.k., lets get real, lazy man/woman crap) would be max taxed just like sodas, candy, chips, etc. Basic Ford or Chevy, low tax. Mercedes, BMW, higher tax. Hummer, Mazaroti get the mega taxes as would them big fancy boats <g> Same with houses.

Hey, I wouldn't want to be the prez, but I wouldn't mind being in charge of the new *real* tax department!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

We should move away from all fed. taxes (income , payroll, etc) to a consumption tax, that excludes basics to live (basic food-water-shelter-clothing -- somebody smarter than me would have to figure out how to do those exclusion).

I don't care if the consumption tax becomes 100%, it wouldn't matter. The market would show the lie of how money and taxation works. The market would only allow a tax that people were actually willing to pay. people today really have no idea how much of their total income goes to one sort of tax or another. ....bobf