homestead - Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Upcoming - under Dem/Obama reign - wsj
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:49:18 -0400

That wasn't Bob, that was the Wall Street Journal

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
bob ford wrote:

*Income taxes will rise on middle- and upper-income people and businesses, and
individuals will pay much higher Social Security taxes, all to carry out the new
president's goals of "spreading the wealth around."

Why do people keep repeating this? Every independent fact-checker agrees that Obama's plan would reduce taxes for individuals making under $200,000 ($250,000 for families). Unless they use McCain's definition of 'middle class' being $5 million. I'm still not voting for Obama, and I don't make enough to pay taxes, so I don't personally care. But I annoys me that McCain and his cohorts think that repeating a lie often enough will make it true.

Lynn Wigglesworth