homestead - Re: [Homestead] Music

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Music
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 16:50:55 -0400

There is a lot of research out there regarding the connection between
learning and music, and even arts in general.?? Unfortunately, in our world
of sports and hyped up heroes, the research is largely ignored by educational
leaders throughout the country.?? Football is god.

Ray

Ray, I think what you are working towards is fantastic. My
husband always says the kids in band make better academic
grades than those who aren't. The child I am referencing
above is academically an excellent student, and does well
in film making and hang gliding hobbies, too. I would love
to see charter schools based on arts and nature spring up.