homestead - Re: [Homestead] Music

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Music
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 13:01:18 -0500

Bev & Ray & all,

That's so neat that you love to sing. We have a vocal quartet that raises money for the local library. Last year we had a flat tire on the way to a performance and had to change it in our formal wear. LOL

My husband holds a Masters in Music Education and graduated with a degree in Music Performance. He has taught band and choir in the midwest most of his life, except for five years when he took a break and sang lead roles in musical theater off Broadway. It's not everyday you get to marry the Pirate King! He started the first music program in 140 years at the local ISD. Tonight, after the fall festival, his students are putting on a variety show for which the entire community turns out. He's even got the football team doing a number (it brought down the house last year) so I can hardly wait. I'm very proud of what he's doing.

I teach guitar and music theory to private students once a week. It was nice to discover Lynda and you, Bev, also play. I bet there's a lot of talented musicians on this list. It's a very handy way to entertain yourself and others in a rural setting and is a great way to create community.

--Sage

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 12:00:14 -0400