homestead - Re: [Homestead] was music, now farming, agricultural, other misc.

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was music, now farming, agricultural, other misc.
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 14:37:24 -0500

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 2:24 PM, <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:
> But how are you to know? Am I just lucky or did I really chase off all the
> rhinoceroses?

Probably both. My mother lived a life that even you would find
irreproachable. As she aged, a familial problem with balance caught up
with her and to her disgust she had to use a walker to keep from
falling on her face. What finally got her, though, was damage caused
by a long-time autoimmune disease that weakened her arteries. She got
what she wanted, though; a life lived on a beautiful farm and a quick
death at home.

And, Bob, Lynn has got the right idea about getting in shape and
staying there. One thing about living in the country is that you are
forced to do physical stuff every day. You have no choice but to get
into better shape. It wouldn't hurt to start now, so it's not so
painful when you make your move.

Marie