homestead - Re: [Homestead] Lloyd Kahn's latest

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Lloyd Kahn's latest
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:41:04 -0700

On Oct 24, 2008, at 12:50 PM, Don Bowen wrote:

The latest book by Lloyd Kahn “Builders of the Pacific Coast” is filled with fantastic pictures of owner built homes and the builders mostly from Vancouver Island. Homes built of found materials and whole logs from the woods. Homes that are eclectic and funky, homes that I wish I could build. A great book.

Here is a great slideshow of photos from the book:
http://www.shelterpub.com/_builders/BPC-book.html

Seems to me that most anyone can build homes such as these. All you need is tool skills and some way to rid your brain of restrictive beliefs and hangups.

I think everyone is creative but most suppress it--just one of the many losses from minds that have closed doors.