homestead - Re: [Homestead] How Realtors Destroyed the Economy

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How Realtors Destroyed the Economy
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 22:02:13 -0700

On Oct 19, 2008, at 1:21 PM, Marie McHarry wrote:

I appeal to Gene for another side of the story.

Marie, alas, it is all true. I and my former fellow Realtors have destroyed the world economy. Just as:

Editors have destroyed our literature;
Teachers have destroyed our children;
Chemists have destroyed our air and water;
Computer programmers have destroyed the Internet;
Woodworkers have destroyed our forests;
Coast Guardsmen have destroyed our shorelines;
Herbalists have destroyed modern medicine;
Investors have destroyed Wall Street;
Horse boarders/breeders/trainers have destroyed horses;
Dog lovers and users have destroyed dogs;
Homesteaders have destroyed urbanites' sublime happiness;
and Tennessee'ns have destroyed walking horses, corn likker, Al Gore and the Appalachian Mountains.

I strive to be fair. If I have overlooked anyone, just let me know your present or previous occupation and I will tell you what you and your co-criminals have destroyed.