homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 00:22:08 -0400

bob ford wrote:
The way you wrote, she could be a bit like you.

No way. Presuming you didn't mean that to be ugly, I will refrain from taking offense.

I did it, enjoyed it, left it with extreme regret when it was no longer feasible. She is not only 'buying her way out' (northern term for her behavior), she is capitalizing on it, not cool in my book. This one she is milking for mileage, not exactly a quality I admire. Why act like you are something special when in fact your actions/experiences are identical to your neighbors' until you decide you want something 'better' than they? Do we hear her say she's just done what the neighbor women have done? No, she acts like what she did is something unique to her, not once have I heard her refer to the common lifestyle in the far north. Nothing wrong with wanting something different, but beyond that, shut up about what you left behind.

She tried to capitalize on her 'Christianity', too, but that was a flop (or maybe I should say it was a flap....) and look how fast she ditched that one. Thing of it was, she got called on that one early on: on the far northern lifestyle people in the lower 48 aren't familiar with the details, so she sucks that one for all it's worth.

James is right that she knows how to dirty her hands but that's as much credit as I'll give her on this one.

And I don't much consider her a responsible parent, either. If one can't take that responsibility seriously, one wonders what IS important in one's life? Whether that infant is hers or her daughter's, she is apparently prepared to drag him from pillar to post all his early years, at any rate. As the parent myself of a now-grown child with developmental difficulties, I consider that out of the realm of even reasonable......and then there are the others, teens who need two parents' full attention. One is already showing serious signs of difficulty, so instead of redoubling efforts with the kid and its siblings, she proceeds to vie for a worse-than-fulltime job. Speaking as the child of such a mother, I find that chilling.

And if that's her idea of being a responsible human being, I don't want her 'responsible' for me on any level, nor for what is foisted off on me.

Susan Jane

She is not from the silly system that produces so much or our mediocre and, I
daresay , moronic politicians and public servants ....bobford
While she may not be from the system, she has certainly embraced it tightly.