homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 17:29:20 -0700 (PDT)

I just don't see her the same way. To me, it seems that educated women
(including the ladies on this list) are the ones that view her with the most
apprehension.

James , a while back, said something that I liked. he said thaat she is the
only one, in the bunch, who has had to get her hands dirty, just to feed her
family and make a living. I like that about her.

And, the fact that she is basically from a blue-collar background, doesn't
show that she isn't intelligent. It just shows that she was born of modeat
means and worked hard to make somwething of herself. I think she is to be
admired. Bill Clinton said that she should not be "underestimated"

Clinton and Obama got to where they got with scholarships, programs, grants,
friends pulling strings. She didn't have any of that. I respect her
gumption.

Perhaps she hasn't read Goethe or Joyce and doen't read the poetry in
'Ploughshares. So what. I think once this election is over, and she can be
free to be herself, she will be a formidable player in conservative politics.

If she were actually running for president, I'd be more hesitant. But she is
smart enough to learn enough during her tenure as vice president. Do you
think the intellectual curiosity of LBJ went beyond Zane Grey?

It is funny that most men seem to see her as an intelligent, poised,
ambitious, public servant; and some women see her entirely differently
....bobford

And, could Palin be worse than Bush?s