homestead - Re: [Homestead] So, what do you think of the Powell endorsement?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] So, what do you think of the Powell endorsement?
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:55:03 -0400

Marie McHarry wrote:
On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 7:37 PM, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

I know! He's the guy that was going to invade Pakistan, remember?
Sometimes, the hard decision is not to act at all.

What he has actually consistently said is that if he had intelligence
that located Bin Laden or other Al Qaida terrorists in Pakistan and
*Pakistan was unwilling to act* he would authorize action to get those
guys. Depending on conditions at the time, it could be reasonable.

He may be saying that, too, but that is not the clip I heard/saw. What I saw was his answer to a question about insurgent forces hiding in Pakistan coming across the lines to ambush and raid our troop, and he was asked if we should be allowed to follow them back across the line into Pakistan, essentially, invading without authorization, especially since the Pakistan government has forbid us to enter their country.
Obama said we should go after them.

Ironically, I actually agree with that...the McCain campaign did not, but I do.

Pakistan is our biggest danger right now, IMO -- far worse than Iran,
Iraq, or even Afghanistan. And they got nukes.

Nukes, submarines, and a power vacuum. Not a good mix of things.

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda