homestead - Re: [Homestead] YouTube - A Palin Rally in Johnstown, PA last weekend

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] YouTube - A Palin Rally in Johnstown, PA last weekend
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 23:27:32 -0400

Oh I recall well enough. Gates told them to pull out. It was chaos. The Koreans may have escaped physical harm, but they sure piled up the property damage.

And you are right, no matter where you live, you should not rely on the police to protect you, just like you should not rely on a firetruck to be riding by when your house catches fire.. First and foremost, people need to start using good judgment. Secondly, they must become less reliant on the cops.

Speaking of personal accountability and good judgment, I saw a woman on the news tonight complaining, no _whining_, about the financial crisis and being foreclosed on. You see, she claims she was the victim of mortgage fraud. I suppose she was, but get this...her 'contract' showed zero monthly payments, and she was told that she would have no payments due. She even said that she recalled the old saying 'if it sounds too good to be true...' and yet, she bought the house and it now being foreclosed on. I see stories like this and I shake my head and say What WAS she thinking??? Now how does a grown woman think she can close on a house and buy it, with no monthly payments to the mortgage. I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for her.
People today, they want others to think for them, they want teachers to babysit their kids, they want a job that doesn't dirty their hands, and a picture perfect family that they never spend time with. It is a screwed up world.
Now, I know I am getting old, because I am about ready to die to escape.

Bev

bob ford wrote:
What you described may be police protocol, but it isn't necessarily
what happens. If you have fogotten the pure barbarianism displayed
in the L.A. riots, you can watch it , at the library, on youtube.

You will find some scenes that weren't shown on television. There
was 'lots' of "imminent danger". The police were afraid or were told
by politicians not to help. The only people, in the area that seemed
to escape harm were the well armed Koreans.

I will never plan the safety of my loved ones with the idea that the
police will protect them.. And, I generally think the police 'are'
good guys, doing they best they can .....bobford