homestead - Re: [Homestead] YouTube - A Palin Rally in Johnstown, PA last weekend

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] YouTube - A Palin Rally in Johnstown, PA last weekend
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 22:36:39 -0400

Marie McHarry wrote:

This "Kill Obama" and giving the finger to members of the opposition is disgusting. I only hope that nobody really tries to kill Obama because that would sink us as a country.

From what I heard last night, that might not be accurate.
I know Obama has been the target of some very nasty slurs and attacks,
but the 'kill him' remark may be unsubstantiated. Apparently, at that
rally, was a secret service agent. He says he was shocked to read that
as he was there and did not hear it. He apparently interviewed 20 or
more people trying to find out if any one actually heard that or caught
it on video, and to date, the only person who claims to have heard it is
the reporter who wrote the original story.

http://www.timesleader.com/news/breakingnews/Secret_Service_says_Kill_him_allegation_unfounded_.html
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2008/10/16/secret-service-no-one-shouted-kill-him-about-obama

I said it the other day, and I will repeat it, when the dust from all
this settles, people will look at the media's role in this election,
what they did and or did not do. It won't be pretty.

Bev, who also hopes that no one touches Obama..for very different reasons.