homestead - Re: [Homestead] YouTube - A Palin Rally in Johnstown, PA last weekend

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] YouTube - A Palin Rally in Johnstown, PA last weekend
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 23:39:15 -0700

At 10/17/2008 08:27 PM,EarthNSky wrote:
It is a screwed up world.
Now, I know I am getting old, because I am about ready to die to escape.

Bev

The world is no different today than it was yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke quotes
British Statesman and Philosopher, 1729-1797
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After all this political crap on this list, the lies and spin and no one seeming to care I had to hang it up. One of my character flaws is honesty, I'm not going to lie to the list or distort what was just said. I can't keep up with all the bs & spin & decided I didn't want to. It's not worth my time.

Then I saw that video clip and thought about all the crap that had been said on the list back while I was still watching the political spin. Then I thought about the quote "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." That seemed to fit and I realized I had to do something.

That kind of hate is evil, you either speak out against it or sit on your hands and let it do it's thing. "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmond Burke

As I read that and some of Burkes's other quotes I realized (again) that none of this is new, all this crap is old stuff... Same old hate, same old fear, same old greed and power plays.

I have to tell you that I'm really tired of all this hate, greed and fear, it's nothing to do with being old Bev. Turn off the computer and go lay out a big potato garden for next year, or go fix a fence or go build a new deer stand. Go visit the granddaughter.
There is plenty to do out there without dealing with this bs.

Later folks,

Rob
becida AT comcast.net
Now in western Washington, USA

When Benjamin Franklin was leaving Constitution Hall, the gathered crowds
wanted to know what kind of government the framers of the Constitution had
given them. His reply: "A Republic, if you can keep it."