homestead - Re: [Homestead] YouTube - A Palin Rally in Johnstown, PA last weekend

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] YouTube - A Palin Rally in Johnstown, PA last weekend
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 22:47:21 -0400

That was my first thought, too. Since Kennedy and George Wallace were shot, candidates get protection, too. Everyone is entitled to free speech, right up until the time they threaten someone under guard. There are some things that you can't say. Of course, it takes them a while to investigate because they want to make damn sure there is no threat, but I believe the Service agent this time.
The thing that irritates me now is that it only took a few boneheads to start a whole lot of crap in this election. The media jumps on it, then the other side plays tit for tat, and it becomes like two street gangs looking for drive by targets....everyone becomes an avenger.

Marie McHarry wrote:
I'll be thrilled if that is true. The Secret Service is usually more
than ready to jump on anyone making death threats, and I wondered why
they hadn't in the cases that have been in the news.