homestead - Re: [Homestead] YouTube - A Palin Rally in Johnstown, PA last weekend

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] YouTube - A Palin Rally in Johnstown, PA last weekend
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 22:58:21 -0400

bob ford wrote:

To be honest; I'm a bit afraid of rioting if McCain was to somehow pull an upset and win. Remember what happened in L.A. with rodney king. Laws or not, I wouldn't enter California, unarmed.

This thought keeps me awake at night, too. I was actually relieved to
hear that Obama had a double digit lead. If the election is close, and
it is, and McCain wins, there will be no end to the fraud, 'stolen
election', Republicans are cheaters allegations. There will be rioting,
for sure. Florida, Michigan, and Ohio need to prepare. I think it
could be rough either way it goes. If McCain wins, god help those
Republicans in California and other blue states.

Proven is the fact that the police do not really protect, they just clean up , after the fact. Living in a city has considerations that don't apply to rural life ....bobford

In the event of a riot, the goal is to cordon off and isolate the
participants to avoid spreading of violence and to protect innocents
life and property. Usually they wait it out, unless there is imminent
danger involved. They allow the anger to manifest and hopefully die
down. That is why you almost never see cops rushing in immediately
after a police car is overturned(that is usually the start of the riot)
They will back out if possible, and allow people to vent anger,
hopefully at the car/symbol, and not at other people or other people's
property. If danger, then the cops move in using riot tactics like gas
and rubber bullets...At that point, anyone not in full compliance, and
that means everyone at that point in time, goes to jail. Things get
sorted out after the fact and charges vary.

Bev