homestead - Re: [Homestead] Malabar spinach

  • From: Jerry B <liberty AT kaballero.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Malabar spinach
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 23:00:29 -0400

bob ford wrote:
That looks like it might be an ideal plant for arizona. I wonder if it will grow
straight up-&-out on concrete block wall (fencing); or if it needs lattice so
that it can intertwine. I'll see if Gurney's or my local nursery has seeds
........bobford
Yes,. I'd think it would do great in Arizona with some composted soil. It wouldn't surprise me if it found niches enough in concrete block to climb to the top and over but I really do not know. Perhaps a few strings here and there to give it a start might help. I am quite sure you will like the plant. Jerry