homestead - Re: [Homestead] Black Walnuts

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Black Walnuts
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:48:37 -0400

One of my favourite places on Earth is Petworth Park. It was designed in...I don't remember, maybe 1750? Anyway, the gardeners I met there told me there are *still* parts of the land, particularly the tree lots, which are just now coming to full fruition, based on the plans the original land architect left. His name was Capability Brown.