homestead - Re: [Homestead] Assorted things

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Assorted things
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 12:36:59 -0400

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

Mccain was on the board of directors of the U.S. Council for World Freedom. They are dedicated to wiping out communism around the world, and involved in the Iran-contra scandal. Is trying to overthrow a leader of a sovereign country so different than radical Muslims who want to wipe out the US, or US radical who believe in change through violence? There seems to be a lot of hatred and intolerance around.

I thought of one other aspect that should not be forgotten here. Our form of government is just that, government. We have separation of church and state. I'll grant you that it is a weak separation, but it is there officially. However, in countries were fundamentalist, radical Muslims have taken over, there is no separation of church and state. Islam is both a way of government and a faith, and there is zero tolerance for dissention or other beliefs.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" Ronald Reagan