homestead - Re: [Homestead] Assorted things

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Assorted things
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:20:22 -0400

EarthNSky wrote:
> Why would any patriotic citizen of the US, one with a Harvard degree, do
> such a vile act if he did not have another agenda?
> I know of no one who would call themselves patriotic and who would
> distribute millions of dollars to radical schools that promote hate and
> anarchy.

Are those schools so different than schools or churches that teach
hatred of gays, or communists, or pro-choiceists, other religions? A
mild example would be Palin's church, where the preacher questioned
whether anyone who voted for Kerry could get into heaven. Or Obama's
Rev. Wright, who I don't think claims to be a patriot. There are lots
and lots of people on both sides of the aisle that act in vile ways in
the name of patriotism.

Mccain was on the board of directors of the U.S. Council for World
Freedom. They are dedicated to wiping out communism around the world,
and involved in the Iran-contra scandal. Is trying to overthrow a leader
of a sovereign country so different than radical Muslims who want to
wipe out the US, or US radical who believe in change through violence?
There seems to be a lot of hatred and intolerance around.

Lynn Wigglesworth