homestead - Re: [Homestead] Assorted things

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Assorted things
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 22:37:53 -0400

This is a bio I found for Al Mansour (from the African Venture Partner's
website). He doesn't sound like a liability to have on one's side:

Dr. Khalid Abdullah Tario Al-Mansour is an internationally acknowledged
advisor to Heads of State and business leaders in Africa, Asia, the
Middle East and North America. He has been actively involved in
structuring investments and joint ventures worldwide for over 35 years.
Dr. Al-Mansour was also responsible for the Africa investment activities
of Kingdom Holdings, Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal's investment
company. During his distinguished career, Dr. Al-Mansour has been a
guest lecturer at Harvard University, Bombay University, Columbia
University, UCLA, University of Kenya, London School of Economics and
the University of Ghana.
In addition to Africa Venture Partners, Dr. Al-Mansour sits on the
Boards of: Saudi African Bank; Kingdom Holdings, Africa; Multimedia
Super Corridor (Malaysia); Space Tech Inc.; AmNet Corp. International;
New Avenues Fund Ltd; United Bank for Africa; United Networks; and
Landmark Entertainment.

Dr. Al-Mansour has authored 24 books and is listed in Who's Who in the
World; International Who's Who in the Arab World; Two Thousand Men of
Achievement; Royal Blue Book of London; World's Who's Who of
Intellectuals and American Hall of Fame.

Dr. Khalid Al-Mansour has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Howard
University (Phi Beta Kappa) and Doctor of Jurisprudence from the
University of California at Berkeley.