homestead - Re: [Homestead] Assorted things

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Assorted things
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:38:10 -0400

EarthNSky wrote:

> In one of the videos, titled “Christians Designed Discrimination”
> uploaded by a YouTube user named IslamStudios, Al-Mansour said,
> “White people don't feel bad, whatever you do to them, they deserve
> it, God wants you to do it and that's when you cut out the nose, cut
> out the ears, take flesh out of their body, don't worry because God
> wants you to do it."

That is taken completely out of context. I saw the whole video. He was
talking about the Christian churches in South Africa, and how they
supported (created, he says) apartheid. THe churches, according to him,
told THE WHITE MAN "don't feel bad, whatever you do to them (blacks),
they deserve it..." Meaning that churches encouraged whites to see
blacks as less than human, so they wouldn't feel so guilty about
apartheid. This is yet another quote twisted to say the opposite of what
it really says to support someone's view. Don't believe everything you read.

> He also draws lines between whites and African Americans. “The
> Christianity that white people got and the Christianity that black
> people got was not the same,” he added.

I believe, again, that he was talking about South African churches (that
video was made in South Africa, in front of a South African audience). I
believe that they did, until VERY recently, treat blacks very differently.

> In this video,
> Al-Monsour said white people fear Islam. “The whites
> are saying we can’t take over Islam, we are going to destroy it. They
> don’t care if you become a Buddhist, they don’t care if you are a
> Confuscist, you can be a Christian, you can be anything in this world
> you want, the only thing they are afraid of is Islam because there is
> 1 billion 200 million, they don’t want you with that league!

He DID say that. He thinks that's why we invaded Iraq, why the Crusaders
tried to wipe out the "infidels"...he's got some crazy idea that the US
is causing black-on-black violence to wipe out "Muslims" (he seems to
use Muslim and black interchangably). There is one particularly
interesting video (Tony Brown interview) where he talks about the middle
class blacks who pander to whites and want to be just like them. He
comments that one of those middle class blacks could even make it to the
White House. I don't know when that interview happened, but they talked
about "bloodshed in the Soviet Union", so it was way pre-Obama candidacy.

I don't agree with his paranoia, but can see where it comes from; there
is a long history of Christians trying to wipe out anyone who isn't
Christian. But he's looking for peaceful solutions, coming through
education and raising the standard and expectations in the black community.

Lynn Wigglesworth