homestead - Re: [Homestead] Assorted things

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Assorted things
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 20:19:45 -0800

His association with Ayers is from the age of 30 through the age of 47. NOT a 'young man' as the same age bracket assigned to the comparatives. They were the traditional ages for college. McCain's idiocy was when he was 19, 20 and 21 years old. Clinton's was the same age era. Well, forget Bush. He's an alcoholic and I wouldn't use him to compare or excuse anything.

So, compare apples to apples, oranges to oranges. If you want to compare the "young people" mistakes, then compare Teflon's drug use and drug dealing with McNasty's hot dogging and Clinton's "not inhaling."

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

Wow, Bev, this is an example of an issue that I think is of almost
inconsequential relevance. It is in the same area as whether Bush
snorted cocaine or cheated on his military obligation and whether
Clinton inhaled or did improper things to avoid the draft and whether
McCain was a hothead and a hotshot pilot who crashed planes. Young
people do dumb things that they later regret and they are often loathe
to talk about them. Pretty understandable, especially in the present
gotcha media world.

If this Harvard stuff is true (and I must say I am ignorant of the
facts) it may show that Obama needed help and took it. Who among us
would not? I happen to admire mentoring of young people who show
promise. A wise mentor neither expects nor demands repayment.

I would expect Obama to be more sensitive to blacks' needs and more
knowledgeable about them than a white president. Blacks have waited a
very long time for such.

The Bush family is thick with the Saudi royal family. I do not
understand the point.

By all means follow the money. Do I understand correctly that these
things are alleged or are there facts?