homestead - Re: [Homestead] Assorted things

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Assorted things
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 07:34:02 -0400

EarthNSky wrote:

> Yes, and yes. If the US overthrew or assassinated say, Castro, we would
> not be marching through the streets of Cuba killing every Cuban we saw.
> We would not be saying...pledge allegiance to our flag or die...
> On the other hand, radical Islam has no mercy. As an infidel, you
> either convert or you die. Period.
> Look at Iraq...we took over a sovereign country..overthrew Hussein, and
> yet, we are allowing them to govern themselves as best as they can. We
> are not trying to change Sharia law...their justice system...their
> society, we just took out the government. If the tables were turned,
> our system of justice would be gone, as would our culture....sharia or
> die.

I think we will have to agree to disagree. We have a very different idea
of the role of the US in the world. We have no business interfering with
other countries because we want their oil or don't like their
government. Look at the numbers...I'm sure we've killed many more
innocent Muslims than terrorists have killed innocent Americans. What
did Iraq do to us to deserve that? Iraq wasn't even a terrorist state
(but it is now).

Lynn Wigglesworth